Printing is a pain, but my bra finally came!

The highlight of my day was probably the arrival of my bra that BGC so kindly ordered for me. Well technically, it arrived on Thursday, but I received it today. Anyway, it was much more purple than the photos showed, which is great news because I love purple. It's in amazing condition, and looks like it's never been worn, which is crazy! I mean, who wouldn't want to wear this beautiful bra? Being able to look at it closely was fascinating, because I could actually tell that it was from the 70s based on the material and style. It's super exciting to be able to interact in a much more meaningful way with this object. I've put a photo of it right here:














One fun thing I got to do today was decide what images I want blown up on the wall for the pop-up exhibition. Initially, I might have gone a little overboard with the pics, and I may or may not have had to cut my selection down to a small fraction of its original size. But no matter, because I got to sort through some ridiculously funny Maidenform bra advertisements, some examples of which I'll put below:

I also got to put the finishing touches on my zine (except for my references), but that meant I had to figure out how to do the complicated fold-out that I had my heart set on. It took a few hours and more than a few tries, but I ended up with a finished product that looks quite good and that I'm really proud of. Having a physical piece of work is really rewarding and validates the research I've been doing these past couple of weeks. Below are some photos that depict my pride and joy: (1) the front cover, (2) the inside cover, (3) the really complicated fold-out on the inside cover that took forever to figure out.








Comments

Popular Posts