Avinash Post #4

Avinash Rampersaud
08/07/2017
Blog Post #4


I have finished my independent project research today and my script that I will use for the presentation. I learned a lot about my culture by doing this research about Hinduism and going to the Rubin Museum of Art over the weekend. The image above is a picture from the front of the Rubin Museum of Art that I took before my visit. I learned that there was a bigger impact on the New York City culture and society than I had previously thought. From yoga to meditation, Hinduism has really impacted the culture of not only New York City but Western society in general. I found a lot more references to the Om symbol than the physical representation of the Om symbol, which I found to fascinating. Something that could come next would be for me to expand outside of New York City and focus on the United States in general. This would probably take me to places of higher concentration of Hindus, like Florida and California. I would also focus on Hinduism in general and not just a specific object or symbol from Hinduism.

Comments

Popular Posts